2012-04-20

Oh Parenting. You’re like Riding a Roller Coaster…

at a cheapo fair full of carnies; you’re never too sure if, coming down from the highs, you’ll just plummet to the ground thanks to some loose bolts.

This was our first school vacation week as a family enrolled in a state education program.  Or however the hell you wanna put it.  So we had some great days with the G-mas and a few days full of sensory fun/outdoor activities and even a busy morning of our in home services but still PX has wanted more.  More playdough!  More touch tanks!  More outside!  More, more, more!  He is my adorable little hoarder of fun.  Unfortunately when all the available fun has been hoarded, it’s time to cue the meltdowns.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Luckily, though, this week we also finally got the date of our first OT consult--- next week.  And the paperwork is in place to get our appointment with the psychologist for PX’s autism eval.  FINALLY.  And we began to discuss if I’d like to add some 2-3 hour long ABA sessions during the week to our schedule for PX.  Don’t get me wrong, I WANT to do this for him and I’m stoked we’ve got these in-home sessions available to us, but I’m nervous.  PX is, to put it bluntly, fucking stubborn so I know the first few (dozen?) sessions will be 90% meltdown.  So my anticipation of this is bittersweet, to say the least. 

Lucky for me, Ryan Gosling’s got my back.  And front.  And everywhere in between.
WEEK-11a
Thanks babe, I’ll need the support.
WEEK-11b
Lucky me, indeed!
WEEK-11c
Alrighty!  I’ll go pack the bags and alert the masses!!
And I couldn’t resist.  I mean, it is like all the talk among the interwebz and such.  Plus, I was a bit drawn to his middle section.  :O
WEEK-11d
Yeah, totally don’t believe you.  I must inspect.
Time to link up and see how Ryan’s supporting all the other special needs moms and dads out there this week!!

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to get more sexy with my Ryan...I bow to you ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm....the thought of Ryan's abs just totally distracted me from what I was going to say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Ryan has some mighty fine abs. Just google "Ryan gosling pics" and you'll see a whole lot of em! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Share it! Comments make me happy as I am a chatty person. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...